Diagnosed with klebsiella moday. Pimple on face, redness and hardness. Healing time?

My son was diagnosed with klebsiella moday 3/4/13. he had a pimple like spot on the side of his face below his ear that had turned into a red hard spot about the size of a 1/2 dollar. the doctor gave us medicine 1 by mouth and the other as an ointment to put on the spot. Im wanting to know if there is anything else more serious that i need to be aware of. the spot has went down a lot and the redness is fading. We caught the infection in time, so it has not spread. We have been draining the spot as well to get all the puss and infection out. If there anything else i need to look out for and how long will it take for it to go away?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013