Diagnosed with jaundice, USG abdomen showed hepatomegaly with fatty liver. Is fatty liver a serious issue?

Hi, My age is 41 and my height is 6.2 just 3 day back, I was detected for Jaundice . During USG abdomen study, the reports said that I am having a hepatomegaly with diffuse fatty changes Liver. and Right lobe span 16.5 cm .at that time, my weight was 84 kgs. I dont have smoking but sam tine drinking habit. and my job in construction company many time food diet out side of home . My questions : 1) Does Fatty Liver is a serious issue? 2) What are the Steps that I need to follow to bring back my liver to normal? 3) What kind of a Food diet that I need to follow? 4) I need to be take any medications? Please advise. I am very much worried about the Fatty Liver. Thank
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012