Diagnosed with interstitial cystitis, sharp burning near pee hole stopped after getting off depo provera. Was depo provera causing this?

Hi, My name is Amber and I have been on the depo-provera shot now for about a year and a half. I have been diagnosed with a bladder disease called interstatial cycstitus. It has a lot to do with what I eat and drink they said so I put my self on a strict diet and I still had pain for a year and a half now.... Its a sharp burning pain close to the outside of my pee hole. They perscribed lidocaine for topical relieve. I am now two weeks late for my depo shot and I have been pain free since....Is it possible that the depo-shot was making me hurt in that area? Help!!
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  308 Awaiting Answer