Diagnosed with hypothyroidism, hair lose, prescribed thyronorm 50mg. Any side effect? dose it required to start with low dose?

Hi This is Sneha from Hyderabad and I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism where TSH is appx 7 and Free T4 is 0.95 ng/dl (normal) and anti TPO anti body is 66.4 IU/ml, I am not experiencing any symptoms of hypothyroidism except some hair loss. My doctor has prescribed me thyronorm 50 mcg for 2 months. My questions is should we start with low dose like 25 mcg first since there might be side effect of taking thyronorm as well ? and do I need to take this medicine lifelong ?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013