Diagnosed with hypothyroid, the thighs,forearms and shoulder pain

Hello... I was just diagnosed with Hypothyroid. My Free T4 are low while my Free T3 are just on the boderline of being low. My TSH was in the normal range and so were FSH and LSH. I started on low dose synthroid at .25 gms. i have been on it now about 2 weeks and I seem to be getting worse not better. I am tired all the time. I can sleep 8-10 hours and go to work and have to fight nodding off at my desk. I am usually an insomniac and usually only sleep 3-4 hours a night. I was hungry all the time up till bout a week ago and now that seems to be reversing and I am not hungry at all. I know this also seems strange but I seem to ache in the long bones of my body. The Thighs, forearms and shoulder joints ache...Is there more involved then just my thyroid or do I just need to wait till my levels return to normal from taking the synthroid?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Mar 2011