Diagnosed with hyper thyroid, after cancer surgery, gained weight, neck swollen. How to get relief from it?

I was diagnosed with hyper thyroid, after cancer surgery. Since then, I had the radioactive pill treatment. And now I wish I hadn't. I have gained so much weight! And my neck has swollen about 3 inches. I feel like I cannot breathe most times, and being strangled. The doctor I was seeing has changed my medication several times. Always seems to be lower, and I gain more weight. I have an appointment with someone new, but not until May 26th. I am ready to double my own medication, to see if that will give me the relief I am looking for. I am miserable.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013