Diagnosed with hsv-2 positive. Taking acyclovir. Pain in back and abdomen. Is pain due to medication?

Hi I m a 25 years female who had just recently been diagnosed with hsv-2 (genital). At first my gyn had me on acyclovir 400mg 3x daily for 3 weeks when I was first diagnosed. Now as suppressive therapy I m talking the save med 2x Daily. When I was first diagnosed/tested it was all because I had what to me seemed to be a split in my vaginal lip that possibly wasn t healing properly. Well my gyn/specialist did the test dvds a well later it came back positive for hsv (2 genital). so the medication has been working rather well but I m having a couple problems since like a few days after starting it. I ve been having these really achy, throbbing, consistant pain in my back when my kidneys would be. Sometimes these pains go away then sometimes they come one with full force stabbing feelings that bring tears to my eyes. And the other issue I ve been trying to understand and coop with is I ve been getting these feelings in my low lower abdomen that to me feel as if their kidney stones . Is that a possible side effect of being hsv-2 positive? or can that be a side effect of the medication
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012