Diagnosed with high blood pressure. On medicines. Eating healthy diet. Heart flutters while sneezing. Suggestions?

Hi I am a 43 year old African American female and nurse. I was just recently diagnosed with high blood pressure . I have been under a lot of stress and related the HTN to my job. I recently changed jobs to something less stressful and now I m worrying about my BP . Everytime I take it I freak out and it goes up. I m not sure if the elevated BP is stress related/worrying or if I truly have this. There is a genetic factor with my mom and dad having it. I was prescribed Toprol xl and Htzc which is only keeping it 140 systolic. My norm before was always 126 systolic. I have let caffeine go completely and have lost 6 pounds. I m having occasional flutter which is freaking me out so now I m afraid to work out!!! I m eating fruits, nuts and veggies and making a effort to be healthy. Why am I having palpitations and why is my bp not lower than 140 systolic. I ve had all the necessary work up stress test, echo and 24 hour holter and have basically turned out ok. Oh and now when I sneeze my heart flutters. As a nurse I could just be over reacting because I know more...please help my worrying...Thanks scared nurse
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013