Diagnosed with high BP, get sudden jolts in head followed by weakness, sensations in head, face swelling. Cause?

I am 38, 85 kgs, 175 cms, I have been normal till now only recent medical check up revealed a higher blood pressure 130/90. In the Last few days, I had a sudden jolt in the head, which has been followed by slight weakness and sensations in my head( these are intermitent)- there is no major headche, today there is some swelling on the left side of the face, What is wrong- doctor tells me it is stress
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012