Diagnosed with herpes zoster. Had unprotected sex. Is it contagious?

my boyfriend developed a rash inside his butt with water blisters and would burn him for at least 15 minutes everytime he would go to the bathroom during this his rash out burst we had sexual intercourse at the time he had already being seen by a medical doctor who gave him medication for hemmaroids thinking thats what it was during the 2nd week he went back got a sample and send it off to the lab the doctor told my boyfriend is anus looked like hamburger meat at the end of his 2nd week he was diagnosid with herpes zoster( shingles ). my boyfriend doesnt think it was contagious although we had sex at the worst time of its out burst. Should I be concered and get myself checked as well?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012