Diagnosed with herpes, burning sensation, white patches around a rash on inner thigh leading to vulva. Will it affect my pregnancy?

Hi, I recently been diagnosed with herpes, the symptoms only came about a during my second trimester of pregnancy. The symptoms are now gone however when I engage in sexual intercourse with my partner, I get a burning sensation which goes away after awhile and also I seem to have white patches around a rash that I had on my inner thigh leading to my vulva. I have appointment in the next few days but do you think its anything serious that could harm my unborn child?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013