Diagnosed with herpes HSV2. Blood work showed low platelet count. Related to having headache, concentration loss and fatigue?

yes i was diagnosed with herpes hsv2 in january of this year. a few weeks ago i went to the clinic for my annual pap and a physical. the clinic called back a few days later saying i will have to schedule to go in for more blood work because my blood work revealed i have a very low blood platlette count but that i am not anemic. what could this mean? also would this have anything to do with the headaches , loss of concentration and fatigue i have been feeling for the last few months.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012