Diagnosed with hereditary spherocytosis, kid has gushing nosebleeds, severe headaches, fevers. Same symptoms ?

Hello. I was diagnosed with hereditary spherocytosis in my late 30s following a 3rd pregnancy that brought the HS from mild & undetected to severe. I was splenectomized and have not received a transfusion in two years. I had all 3 kids tested last year - all 3 negative. However, unless they had spherical cells present, wouldn t they test negative? I ask because I see similar early signs in my older children - very active, otherwise healthy 14 yo son has massive, gushing nosebleeds and severe headaches , and my daughter age 11 in April is very small (50lbs), gets many unexplained fevers, and tires quite easily. Should I have them checked again or no? At last check, both were slightly anemic but MCV low.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013