Diagnosed with heart failure, pulmonary edima, what are my chances of survival ?

diagnosed with heart failure, pulmonary edima.I am 56 overweight ,what are my chances of survival, improvement? I have been suffering from shortness of breath for 3 years, which got slowly worse. It was always explained with a worsening of the asthma , and with being about 40-50kg overweight.X-rays showed nothing unusual. 10 days ago,I went to the hospital,in thailand, where I currently live,because shortness of breath worsened.My x-rays showed water on the lungs, an enlarged heart. after 2 days in hospital , my condition improved a lot and I was sent home, with lots of medicine and an appointment for 12 days later. the doctor was very pleased with my speedy recovery,said I had a good costituition.he said, that he can make me better within 6 month. My main problem is communication.Doctor speaks some english. I like the hospital. very caring,private hospital, 1st world standards or nearly.Doctor very dedicated and caring. I would like to live as long as possible, with an improvement in quality of life.I am motivated. Any info, opinions, suggestions welcome.I am financially independent. thanks
Asked On : Fri, 11 Dec 2009