Diagnosed with gonarthrosis of both knees. Undergoing electrotherapy, magnet therapy, laser therapy and orthowics injections. Sufficient?

I am a 72 year old female diagnosed with gonarthrosis of both knees. Every six month I have therapies consisting of electrotherapy, magnets, laser and physical exercises. So far it has helped me to function, but recently pains have become so sever and not only when sitting, standing and walking but also when streched in bed. As I take some blood thinners I am not able to take most of the painkillers available in my country, neither anything like Glucozamine. I was receomened to be given some injections called Orthowics or some kind of steroids. I am aware that in my case a surgery is probably needed but in this country one has to wait 2-3 years to have it. What would you suggest I could do in order to ease the pain? Thank you very much for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013