Diagnosed with fibroids. Want to undergo hysterectomy. Is it better to take out the cervix?

Hi, Thanks for this service. I am reading alot of scary information. I need to have a hysterectamy due to fybroids at some stage. Is it good to hold off and wait for it to become a problem or is it better to get at it early. I am 45 and have 2 children. At this stage i am told my overies will be kept and i have a choice of removing my cervix or not. Is it better to take out the cervix or not? My mother had a hysterectamy at 50 and had to have her overies removed and then got high blood pressure . Ladies on this site are talking about having high blood pressure is it because of the overies being removed or can it be for any hysterectomy? Thanks so much for your time
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013