Diagnosed with fibroids. Prescribed Medroxyprogesterone. Doctor says am in menopause and medicine will shrink fibroids. Opinion?

Hello, My doctor diagnoised me with fibroids 3 months ago. I am 50 years old. She prescribed Medroxyprogeterone 10mg to be taken daily for the first 10 days of my cycle. Since then I have taken the first round and had spotting to light to heavy for 3 weeks. No period/spotting for 4 weeks. Started the second round of medication yesterday. My doctor says that because I am in menopause , after determining my hormone levels the medication will most likely shrink the fibroids I am concern beacuse she says I m in menopause but still having periods.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013