Diagnosed with dissecting cellulitis of the the scalp. Have painless bumps on the scalp with hair loss. Treatment?

Hi, I recently been diagnosed with dissecting cellulitis of the scalp . The dr pretty much gave me no hope, but said its not as bad as other cases she has seen and that they can try to manage it , but no cure ....they prescribed doxycycline for 6 weeks, and my next appointment is april 12th. I have heard of miss diagnosis. I m wondering if i might just have 2 scalp cysts ...i have no bleeding or pus coming out, just cyst like quarter sized bumps with hair loss . I want to know what treatments should i ask for , is it possible to drain or remove the cysts ? ..Im begining to see some hair regrowth in the cysts though minimal. SO basically my question is what should i ask my dr to ensure i get the proper treatment ..i know dissecting cellulitis is tricky and it can even have to do with some sort of auto immune disorder......
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013