Diagnosed with diffuse parenchymal liver disease. Possibility of liver damage due to heavy drinking and obesity. What could be wrong with my liver? what should I do for proper diagnosis?

Hi. I was diagnosed with Diffuse Parenchymal Liver Disease after an ultrasound recently, but my liver is of normal size and is not enlarged in any way. My doctor and I ruled out hepatitis after hep profile, and he said that it was likely old damage from my heavy drinking days or damage based on my obesity and that it was not impeding the regular functions of my liver (based on blood tests). He also said the problem would go away if I continued to lose weight. However, a nutritionist who was supposed to help me construct a program to lose weight turned me away for my own health because of the diffuse parenchymal liver disease, so now I am worried. Could it be something more? What could be wrong with my liver and what steps should I take to diagnose it properly?
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012