Diagnosed with diabetes, taking insulin, glycomet, SR. Advised to stop insulin and start Trovilob. Right?

My father is having diabetic problem since 3 months. We identified about 40 days back. That time FBS 250 pond 420. Docter advised insulin for d same morning 15 cc evening 10cc. We are following same over 30 days. Then we changed to 10 cc morning and glycomet 500mg SR afternoon and night time 10cc insulin. Recent test values are 98/158. We consulted Diabetic spl docter yesterday he advised us stop insulin take Trovilob 1 morning time and Glycomet 850mg SR night time. My question is is this ok for controlling sugar levels?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012