Diagnosed with diabetes. Sudden drop in sugar levels after taking Glimmer. Weight loss. Can you help?

Hi! I have been diagnosed Diabetes almost a year ago. When first checked it was 480 that time. And 3 months test shows 10.8.
My doctor prescribe me Glimmer 1 mg before breakfast and 1 mg before dinner. It had a effect but slowly I noticed that my sugar level drops drastically to 70 within two hours of taking medicine. I control too much on my eating habits. and stop taking any medicines. Sugar came under control but my body became week and lost some weight also. 3 months sugar test was showing 7.2.
But now again I have started medicine but half tablet before breakfast and half tablet before dinner. If I don't eat much it drops to 100 and if I eat something it comes to in between 170 to 220. I need advice.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013