Diagnosed with diabetes. On glucophage, perinace and fenofibrate. Irregular heart beat with low pulse rate. Is this normal?

I am 54 years old female and has been diagnosed with Type II diabetes . My diabetes are under good control @ 6.6 reading. I am on Glucophage 850mg, Perinace 4mg, Fenofibrate 200mg, Simvor 20 amd Vitamin B complex compound. My BP is about 140/85. I also have irregular heart beat but the doctor said it is OK (last year). Of late I note that my pulse rate hover around 50. Is this normal? I am an active mountain/hill trekker. Please advise.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012