Diagnosed with dermatitis hepetaformis. Suffered with depression and insomnia. What are the findings and required treatment?

Hello I wonder can you help me please. I was diagnosed with dermatitis hepetaformis around twenty years ago. I couldn't cope with the diet for many years and took "dapsone" tablets until a few years ago. I am now married and with much support have been enabled to be partially gluten free for about two years. I say partially because I can't afford to buy the various products from the supermarket. I have sufferers with depression and insomnia for many years along with the constant itching. I enquired wether I could have products on prescription at my new doctors, but they insisted that I be retested for intolerancey by means of the camera and intestinal biopsy. Truthfully that's as far as my enquiry went. I recall vividly my last investigation ( I had to be sedated and they said I still struggled). So my question is this : is there any way I can forgo another series of invasive tests to "re diagnose" a condition that has never changed in all these years? I'm in a bit of a pickle of late because over the last few months my diet has been lax and I've really noticed a massive drop or incline in my depressive state and sleep. Many thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer. Jonathan
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013