Diagnosed with cyst on left ovary, PCOS. Suggested surgery. Is PCOS genetic, does facial hair and acne can cause PCOS?

hi! my sister has been diagnosed with cyst on her left ovary which is more than 5mm. doctor has asked her to carry out the operation for cyst removal . also she is diagnosed with pcos . will things be okay after this? she is 27 and has no children. i also wanted to know if pcos is genetic? my dad s sisters too had it. i am 21 i also have a chance of having it? my periods are regular and normal.i generally don t experience any pain during my menses. but i do have a little facial hair and acne problem. please do reply.
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012