Diagnosed with croup. Has running fever and runny nose. Why do her eyes hurt?

My daughter was diagnosed with croup 2 days ago. Since then, she has been running fevers on and off, having a runny nose and deep wet cough , and complaining that her eyes hurt. They sometimes seem to get watery and red for a few seconds when she says they hurt, but then that quickly goes away. It only seems to last for a few seconds, but happens frequently throughout the day. She complained about her eyes hurting for the last few weeks, before she got sick, but the frequency has definately increased since being sick. Do you think this is something I should worry about, or maybe just pressure and itchy eyes frm the cold/ croup virus?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012