Diagnosed with conjunctivitis. Took antibiotics, problem persists. Having watery, itchy eyes. Solution?

I was recently diagnosed with conjunctivitis (pink eye) and was given antibiotics to clear up the problem. A week has passed and the problem still eyes are red, constantly tearing, and itchy. I had pink eye some thirty years ago and after using drops for two days the problem cleared up. Obviously there is more at play here. I am presently taking heart medications that include baby aspirin , blood thinners, and lipitor . I am also aware that my sinuses have been acting up for a number of weeks somewhat constricting my air flow. I would hate to end up at a doctor s office for a new prescription that could be a hit or miss. Do you have any advice I might follow before my visit? Gratefully, Carl
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012