Diagnosed with condromalacia patellae. Advisable to carry on field job of lifting heavy weights, standing long durations?

Hi, I was recently diagonised with grade 4 condromalacia patellae on my left knee. & am currently on medication of glucosamine & arcoxia (since 3 weeks) and CH alpha (since 1 day) etc. I would like to know if its advisable to carry on my field job which involves dealing/lifting heavy equipment and walking/standing for long durations. Below is an extract (Opinion) from my MRI scan . Full thickness fissure with cartilage thinning noted in the midline and medial patellar facet articular cartilage with subchondral marrow edema changes - suggestive of grade IV chondromalacia patellae. Findings of grade I degenerative changes of posterior horn and body of medial menuscus noted. No evidence of internal derangement Please correlate clinically Kindly advice.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012