Diagnosed with concussion after football injury. What are the actual symptoms ?

I have a question regarding my football injury concussion . I am a 16 year old football player, and recently have been diagnosed with a concussion , even though My baseline tests for memory , reactions, etc. My trainer at my school knows this, and so does the doctor, who has told me multiple times my symptoms are well irrelevant to a real concussion. The trainer has a 5 step return to play protocol he follows by, and I findit frustrating I have to do these silly workouts and stay away from football when I clearly am showing no post injury symptoms, and I ve never even had a concussion before. What I ve come to ask you is does my personal physician have jurisdiction over a public school hired trainer for my return to play with a written note?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012