Diagnosed with compression fracture on the tibial plateau. What is the treatment?

I have been diagnosed with a 3mm compression fracture in my tibial plateau. I had a skiing accident 8wks ago. My ROM is minimal and I am still in quite some pain. I was never told to stay off of my leg. The surgeon did not seem to concerned. Everything I read tells me to not put any weight on my leg for 6 to 8 weeks at least! I am obviously concerned about injuring my knee further. What is the normal procedure? i.e. cast, brace, crutches? Thanks! Greg
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013