Diagnosed with colon cancer with METS to liver, lethargy, body pain, phlegm after re-sectioning. Is the cancer spreading?

My husband is diagnosed with Colon cancer with METS to the liver . The colon has been resectioned and he s receiving FOLFOX w/avastin. He s completed 7 cycles. He s lethargic and complaining of body aches & has had a lot of phlegm . He s gotten up once the other day in the middle of the night because he couldn t breathe and threw up the mucus. The cancer in the liver is going to be removed in a couple of months. Could it be spreading?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012