Diagnosed with colloid goiter, lump on throat seems to be enlarging. FNAC, scan reports normal. Cause of worry?

Hi, I am a 40 year old woman, last April I was diagnosed with colloid goiter , did fnac and scanning all reports are normal, including thyroid hormones, there is no nodules, my doctor has explained that the lump which is now notable on my throat is slightly getting bigger, and that there is nothing to be worried off as there is only fluid in it. I took thyroxine tab 50 mg for 6 months. Since my gland is enlarging i am a bit says surgery is the only option.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013