Diagnosed with colitis, spots on body, discomfort in legs, wrist. Colonoscopy done. Suggestions?

I had a colonoscopy done on February 26, 2013 and was told I have colitis, that evening when I got home I noticed I had a little red dot on my left arm, didn't think much of it until it started getting bigger and more appeared. They showed up between my elbow and shoulder and then on my legs between my knees and thighs. The next day my left foot started hurting around the ankle and it hurt to step on it. The following day the same thing happened to my right foot. Today I still have the spots and still have discomfort on my feet, knees, and elbows and wrists. What might this be?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013