Diagnosed with cold and ear infection. Pain and difficulty in hearing. Ear congestion persisting. Need different antibiotics?

Hello, I was diagnosed with a cold (1 week ago) and an ear infection (5 days ago). I had pain and difficulty hearing in my left ear and was prescribed antibiotics (I complete the dose in approx. 2 days). The pain went away within 2 days. I am still congested, however, and starting this morning I have not been able to hear out of my right ear at all. It feels like there is a lot of pressure and it is a little painful. When I blow my nose, I hear crackling noises in my ears. Do I need different antibiotics? Is it a virus? Should I return to my physician? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013