Diagnosed with cirrhosis, sleeplessness, ammonia levels abnormal. What can be done?

Hello I have a sister who was diagnosed with cirrhosis, was hospitalized for over 2 months. was doing well and all of a sudden she has gotten out of control, crazy like, not sleeping for days, running around like a crazy person. Know one
can say anything without her being defensive. We don't know what to do? Is it her meds? She has had some problems with her ammonia level. How can we help her and what should we do? We are desperate. Can you help me understand what could be wrong and what I should do?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013