Diagnosed with chondromalacia patella in both knees, severe pain behind right leg knee, sore and swollen. What to do ?

I am a 43 year old female, approximately 150 pounds. I have recently been diagnosed with chondromalacia patella in both knees. (Diagnosed about 4 weeks ago) Apparently, as they say, when it rains it pours. I been having a lot of pain directly behind my knee on back of my right leg. This has subsided somewhat. However, my calf on this leg is extremely sore and I have knot in the calf of this leg. Both my calf and my ankle are swollen.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013