Diagnosed with cervical spondylitis. What exactly is the ailment and its treatment?

Hi, My mother is 55 who was initially diagnosed with Cervical Spondylitis ..Her MRI says this: 1. Generalized spondylotic changes are seen in the form of osteophytes, facetopathy uncinate hypertrophy and disc dessication at multiple levels seen in the form of loss of hyperintense signal on T2W images 2. Broad based posterior disc bulge is seen at C4/5 level indenting the thecal sac with no significant neural compression 3. Broad based posterior disc bulge is seen at C5/6 level indenting the thecal sac and compressing the right exiting C6 nerve 4. Left paracentral and foraminal disc bulge is seen at C6/7/D1 level indenting the thecal sac and compressing the left exiting nerve What exactly is the ailment and how serious will the surgery be?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013