Diagnosed with central canal narrowing. Disc herniation and neuroforaminal encroachment. ACDF suggested. Right treatment?

I have been diagnosed with moderate to severe central canal narrowing at C5 to C6 and C6 to C7. ALso, there is bilateral paracentral small disc herniation withi the C5 to C6 along with facet anthropthy with moderate to severe narrowing of the central canal. There is bilateral moderate to severe neuroforaminal encroachment in the the same C5 to C6. The Neuro DR wants to do a ACDF ftom C5 to C6 and C6 to C7 ... Is this a correct or best option treatment?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013