Diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes. Should I go for surgery immediately or wear prescribed glasses?

I recently had my eye examined and was told that I had cataracts in both eyes. I was given a prescription for glasses that I was told could help giving me 20/20 vision in the left eye and 20/30 vision in the right eye. I was told that I may be able to wait a year or two before having surgery to remove cataract. Is it possible for me to have the worst cataract removed now instead of waiting and spending approximately $400 for glasses that amay not help?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013