Diagnosed with cataracts, have hyperkeratosis in foot. Is this linked to diabetes?

Hi , I am 19 years old and has recently been diagnosed with cataracts in my left eye. My right eye is fine. Recently I have also developed hyperkeratosis in my left foot that really hurts when I walk. My question is if any of this can be linked to type 2 diabetes? I come from a family with a number of members wi type diabetes both from my father s side of the family and my mum s. Yet the onset of symptoms had only occurred later in life for them ( above the ages of 50). I understand that diabetes has been linked with the development of cataracts and skin problems. Is it common for a person of m age to develop the disease considering that I regularly exercise ( 5 days a week. 20 minutes run on most days and. A weight lifting program) and my diet is no different from an average person my age.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013