Diagnosed with cardiac arrhythmia, irregular heart beats, have chest pain with numbness in arms and legs, on verapamil. What is the cause?

hi im erica an im 16 years old i have cardiac arrhythmia irregular heart beats and i take verapamil i take it every morning ive had irregular heart beats for a year in a half i have my own cardiologist . for the past four days i have been having chest pain it travels from my left side to my right side of my chest and if the chest pain is on the left side of my chest my left arm and leg goes numb i dislike taking pills for pain because im afraid to much meds can effect my body so please tell me what i can do and what may be causing this ?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012