Diagnosed with bronchitis, have immense cough with severe shooting pains in rib during cough. Cracked rib?

Hi, I ve had a cold for about 3weeks and recently went to the local ER (2 days ago), after an X-ray the doctor concluded I had bronchitis . Since then i have been put on 40mg of prednisone daily and 2 500mg tablets of biaxine daily. Along with Flovent as an inhaler , 4 times daily. I have been coughing immensely and have recently been getting extremely severe shooting pains in my rib cage when coughing. To the point where It hurts to stand. Is this serious, or anything like a cracked/ fractured rib? What can I do to relieve the pain?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013