Diagnosed with bipolar, avoid medicines as they cause dullness. Control measures?

My 22yr old son just informed us that he was getting help for bi-polar in college after he just walked away from his well-paying temp job last week. We are devastated, it does not run in our family, but panic & anxiety do, not with his father or I though. He says he will not take meds because they make him feel dull. He takes his anger & everything out on me & his dad. I cannot even beleive the things he has said to me in particular. Help?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013