Diagnosed with bells palsy, no recovery with medicines, depression, high BP. Help?

Can I get time off from having bellspalsy? Was diagnosed with bellspalsy 5 days ago, been off work since. Am still not seeing any improvement. I am feeling so down and think I m not ready to go back to work yet. Work in a financial industy so I deal with money transactions, meetings, on the pc all the time as well as on the phone. I want to know if I am allowed to take some time off work until I see any progress and until my condition gets better. I ve been having some pain on my face and back of the ear and sensitive to noise. Couple that with my high BP and am now taking meds for that as well. I feel so depressed about this and think I can t and not ready to face my work yet.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012