Diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis during pap smear, took medicines, slight itching, vulva red, irritated. Yeast infection?

Hello. I am 27 years old. I went to the Gynecologist on October 3rd to get my annual pap smear . The doctor noticed that my cervix was very inflamed and bled easily. No wonder I was bleeding during intercourse sometimes. So the doctor did the pap and a chlamydia culture as well, still wating for the results on both. He said from looking at the cervix that he thought I had bacterial vaginosis . ( I didn t have any BV symptoms, just the bleeding during intercourse occasionally) That very same day He gave me a prescription for metronidazole for 5 days once a day. I finished it October 7th and took it as ordered. Now I think I have a slight yeast infection or something because I haver very very slight itching and my vulva is red and somewhat irritated. Don t know if the metronidazole killed off the good bacteria as well.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012