Diagnosed with azoospermia. FSH and LH level high. Can sperm be retrieved? Go for IVF?

Hello there, My husband was diagnosed with azoospemia about 6 years ago and he was told his FSH and LH levels were high which were 27 and 14.5 respectively and due to that we were advised that there is no hope so we shouldn t even bother to proceed with trying to get sperm from his testes. so we opted for IUI using donor sperm which we tried 2 times but it didn t work we are planning for IVF now but i just want to know if you have any idea whether sperm could still be retrieved from his testies or due to the high FSH and LH levels whether we should not bother like the doctor says?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012