Diagnosed with avascular necrosis. Had decompression surgery. Symptoms recurred. Need total hip replacement?

Hello, last year I was diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis of the left hip. I had decompression surgery to see if this would help repair the AVN. I am now 4 months after the surgery and am experiencing pain in my hip again, loss of motion to the hip, I have the limp again when I walk and the groin strain from my thigh to my groin area is back but this time its is worse. I see my surgeon in 3 weeks. I would like to know if this means that the decompression surgery was not successful due to my symptoms that have returned. This time the groin pain now goes down to my inner left thigh to my knee . I am on heavy pain medication but still experience the pain 24/7. Does this mean I will need a total hip replacement? any help would be appreciated. Thank You, Elise
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013