Diagnosed with asthma post lower respiratory tract infection, regular coughing with purulent smelly sputum, prescribed with allergic medications. Asthma or other respiratory disease?

hello doctor, I am a 21 year old student non-smoker from Malaysia. 2 years back i had a lower respiratory tract infection and since then i was diagnosed for asthma.Before the infection i had no history of asthma. I have to use Symbicort inhaler twice a day. Since that day i have been coughing up prulent smelly sputum until now. It gets worse during infections. I referred to an ENT specialist and checked only my nasal cavity and gave me allergic medication. I just want to know whether it is asthma or any other respiratory disease.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012