Diagnosed with arthritis. Having severe pain, swelling in both legs, leaking clear fluid. Solution?

im 55 yr old female, obese, i have recently been diagagnosed with arthritis in my right knee, since july i have had severe pain there, went through a course of simvastat which didnt help much, i use a cane to walk, since then i have swelling in both legs, today my left leg, which i also have some minor knee pain in, started leaking clear fluid, nothing major, just enough that my sock is damp by the end of the day, what does this mean and what can i do
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013