Diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. Took salazar medicine. Lost food taste with mouth ulcer. Side effect?

Hi, i got diagosed with ankylosing spondylitis after having an MRI for my back in Nov.2011. I was having pain on daily basis in my lower back and sometimes there was a kind of hamstring in one of my thighs which was extremely painful and i could not walk. Normally, my back pain was high after sleeping as my back got freezed in 3-4 hours and then in the night after 3-4 A.M. i was not able to sleep. The doctor prescribed me Salazar 1000mg (twice a day) along with other medicines for increased uric acid , deficiency of vitamin D3 , B12, etc. However, after 2 months taking the Salazar medicine, i had a fever after which i lost my food taste completely for around one and half months. I consulted with my Ortho and he suggested that there is no side effect of Salazar hence you should continue taking it as it cannot be stopped. Then in next 2 months i had bleeding ulcers all over my mouth for which again he told me that it is not due to Salazar. I suffered almost 4 months after which i switch to another doctor specialized in spine who stopped Salazar stating that it is a clear side effect of Salazar. After which i took some medication prescribed by him for almost 3-4 months and get rid of my mouth ulcers . Currently, i m on zero medication and my back is also doing fine however still i feel some pain in the morning for which i m doing my back exercises. Please let me know whether the above details problems of loss of taste and ulcers pertains to Salazar. Also, whether there are any other side effects as well which i m not aware. Also, please clarify whether it will impact anything to my child as my wife got pregnant during the period when i was on this medication of Salazar. Further, what should be the correct treatment in my case as i m only 32 years as of now. Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013