Diagnosed with an enlarged Thymus, difficulty with swallowing, breathing and chest pain. Isn't surgery the best option ?

hello my name is AAAA am 35yrs old black female.. Thyroid disorders run in my family via mother.... I been diagnosed with hyperthyroid in2006... I don t understand why they will not remove my enlarged thyroid.... I also 1yr ago got diagnosed with an enlarged Thymus now... I m having difficulty with swallowing and breathing and chest pain... I only weigh 114pds... cause my weight goes up and down... I would like to know if these could be causing me to have weakness in my legs and hands.. And difficulty with swallowing and rapid heart beat and chest pain... I was on PROPRANOLOL .. NOW MY Endo switched me to Atenolol which I was told to take 2 times a day... and my symptoms not getting no better..... PLEASE HELP WITH ANSWERS...and what questions should I ask my Endo.... she also said my LEFT THYROID IS A LITTLE ENLARGED NOW... IM GETTING REALLY SCARED.. SHOULD I GET A SECOND OPINION....PLEASE HELP BEEN LIVING WITH THIS FOR 7YRS NO MEDICATIONS .. THANK YOU
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013